123 Writing is an academic writing agency that belongs to Research Global Ltd, a UK registered company (No. 11076962). You can contact us using the details given at the end of this page.
When processing personal data, 123 Writing has adopted the following principles, as laid down in the EU GDPR Regulation:
- Personal Data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Personal Data shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only.
- Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal Data shall be accurate and, kept up to date. This means 123 Writing have in place processes for identifying and addressing out-of-date, incorrect and redundant Personal Data.
- Personal Data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed.
- The integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data is maintained at all times through appropriate technical and organisational measures, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful Processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
In-line with new GDPR rights, we have reviewed and enhanced our procedures to enable such data to be located and anonymised or erased, in order to respond to requests to delete, rectify, transfer, access or restrict the processing of data. This will enable us to facilitate the below enhanced rights:
- Handling Data Subject Access Requests
- Handling data portability and rectification requests
- The application of retention periods and the secure erasure of personal data
What data do we collect and hold?
We collect certain data when you create an account with 123 Writing which we use for certain purposes. To set up your account, we may collect data such as your name, phone number and any other information you give us to facilitate communications between you and us, provide you with support or allow you to access some functionalities of our website. To process your assignment order properly and promptly, we also need to keep details about the assignment you are asking us to complete and any files you have uploaded with your order. During the upload process, please endeavour to remove any personal data from documents you upload, but if you, we will do our best to anonymise it before passing it on to our writers.
We currently manage and send the 123 Writing News & Updates emails (including the weekly 123 Writing newsletters) via the third-party email marketing platform MailChimp. These notices further our legitimate business interests and are often not promotional in nature – but because they involve the use of a third-party and we must share your information with them (such as your email address) so they can send the emails to you, we always request your consent to keep you on that list on our sign up form
Also, please note that you can further opt-in (or opt-out) to our email list by logging into your Account and selecting Email Preferences in the Preference Tab. You can also delete your personal data in the Preferences Tab where you feel there is no longer any good reason for us to have it.
How can I exercise rights over my data?
By law, you have a number of legal rights pertaining to you when you give us your personal data. You have a right to ask for access to any of your personal data that we hold; you have a right ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data; you have a right to ask us to delete your personal data where there is no longer any good reason for us to have it; you have a right to object to the processing of your data in some cases; and, where you have given consent, you also have a right to withdraw that consent at any time as illustrated in the previous section. Under certain conditions, such as if the data is material to legal proceedings, you can also ask to momentarily stop processing your personal data. Where your data is automatically processed, you have a right to also ask for a copy of your data in a machine-readable format.
If you have a complaint about any of these issues, please contact us using the details on our Contact Us page
Transfer of data to countries outside the EEA
123 Writing transact with other firms and individuals all over the world, as such the data we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). It may also be processed by staff working outside the EEA who work for us, on our behalf or for external consultants. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the completion of your order, and the delivery of support services. In line with the GDPR, 123 Writing have the necessary precautions in place to ensure data is safely and correctly transferred. For example, Facebook and Mailchimp are both located in the United States, but we have made sure that they both comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, which guarantees the same level of protection.
If you are 13 or under, you need to have persmission from a parent or guardian before you provide us personal information. In case we find data from you without necessary consent as therein stated, we have the right to cancel any pending transactions and services, and consequently remove any personal data you have provided. You will only be able to resubmit information upon getting the required permission.
Links to other websites
How we keep your data safe
We use a variety of technical and administrative measures to ensure your personal data is kept and transferred securely. For example, we make diligent use of encryption every time personal data is being transferred to a third party and we make consistent backups in case the original copy of your data is lost. For most data transfers, your personal data will be processed by third party services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), who are a cloud computing provider. AWS are certified to be ISO 27001 compliant, which is the gold standard in information security, so you can rest assured that your personal data is secure and protected.
If you talk with us by email over the Internet, you may be aware that the nature of the Internet is such that unencrypted communication may not be secure and may pass through several different countries en route to us. Please do not email us with confidential or sensitive information such as your credit card details. We cannot accept responsibility for unauthorised access to your information that is outside our control.
How long will the data be stored?
We only process your data when we need it to fulfil the purpose it was originally collected for, such as to fulfil your order or provide other services or in accordance with the law. This means that retention policies for your data can differ considerably depending on the context and the way it is used. When deciding on a retention policy for any type of data, we use the following criteria:
- How long is the data needed for? – For example, if you have not logged in to your account for several years, we might remove you from our mailing lists.
- What did we say we would do with the data when we collected it? – If the purposes for which we originally collected the data are no longer relevant, there is no need to keep hold of it.
- Do we have a legal obligation to keep the data? – For example, financial information needs to be kept for a minimum amount of time for tax reasons.
- Does holding the data carry an inherent risk? – In the unlikely event of a data breach, we want to ensure that nothing sensitive is stolen. We will therefore have reduced retention periods for data we consider to be sensitive.
The following table sets out what of data we retain and the retention period;
|Information type||Retention period|
|Registration data||Until such time as you tell us to delete your account or you have not logged in for 180 days. Your account will be permanently deleted within 90 days of verification of account ownership and the request to delete account|
|Login data||This will be retained for a period of 3 months from date of login|
|User profile data||Until you request removal or amendment or your account is deleted, whichever comes first|
|Additional account security||Until you request removal or amendment or your account is deleted, whichever comes first|
|Chat data||Data is retained for a period of 3 months and then permanently deleted|
|Information provided to customer service||Until such time as when you instruct us to delete your account, upon which it will be deleted within 60 days of request|
|Cookies||Data is retained for 3 months from login date then permanently deleted|
Research Global Ltd
56 Rutland Road, Ground Floor
Hove, East Sussex; BN3 5FE